Friday 7 September 2012

Recipes, Recipes, Recipes

I often get asked what my favourite baking book is and this is actually a pretty difficult question to answer as I have so many. I seem to have a bit of an addiction to buying all the new ones when they come out and I also have all my Mum's and Gran's old ones too! There's nothing like a cup of tea and a flick through your favourite cook book to make you feel better (and I can claim it's for 'work'!). 

So, I would say that one of my favourite all time is the classic Be-Ro book. I have used this book when I first learnt to bake when I was tiny and it's still the book I turn to when I'm making a Victoria sandwich cake or some shortbread. If you don't have it in your collection, I seriously recommend it-retro and great! In terms of more modern books, I think anything by the fantastic Rachel Allen is superb. In particular, her 'Bake' and (just out last month) her 'Cake' books are inspirational and the recipes always work. Happy Baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment